Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Few Good Deals Today--But Not So Much at Walmart! :)

Made a quick stop at Meijer today to stock up on a few things they had on sale.  I spent $6.68 and SAVED $11.92.  Gotta love that!  Here are a few of the deals you can get if you live near a Meijer (there are more deals than this, but these are the ones I used today):

Hunts ketchup (our new ketchup of choice--pretty much as tasty as Heinz, but none of that nasty high fructose corn syrup):

They are on sale for $1.
Go here for a $1/5 coupon.  $.80 each, and you don't have to buy ketchup again for a long, long time! 

Skippy peanut butter (including the natural):

They are on sale for $1.67
Go here for $.50/1 Skippy natural pb (print 2--the limit--while you're at it!)
Our Meijer doubles $.50 coupons, so I got 2 jars for $.67 each.
PLUS, if you buy 2 jars of any Skippy pb, you get a free 18 oz grape jelly or jam.  Not my fave, but I think Little Mister will like it. :)

Yo-plus yogurt:

The 4-packs are on sale for $1.67.
Go here for a $.50/1 4-pack.
With the double coupons, I got 2 packs for $.67 each.

You can do the above deal with the Fiber One yogurt as well. 

Now, for those of you on Facebook, you may have seen my status about boycotting Walmart.  I'm not sure how I feel about that now that I've had time to clear my head.  I really don't want to deal with them anymore when it comes to coupons.  But if I just stop going there without letting them know why, it's not going to do any good.  So, if I can figure out who to address it to, I plan to write to the company.  I'm not sure I can make a difference on my own, but if any of you who have had the same troubles would be willing to say something, too, maybe we can make a difference together.  I have this gut feeling that they really don't care, but I don't like to be pessimistic and assume the worst either.  We'll see how it plays out. :)

Happy saving!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment