Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Blissful (Walmart-less) Shopping, Great Deals! :)

So, yeah, I drove my coupons right past Walmart yesterday and went directly to Walgreens and then Meijer.  I can't say I particularly missed all the hassle over coupons at Walmart.  I did write to them to let them know why I was taking my coupon business elsewhere.  I was polite, but firm.  I haven't yet heard back.  Not even a "We've received your e-mail and we'll get back to you asap" form letter.  Hmmm . . . we'll see what happens.  I wrote to the local store and to corporate.  I know many people have something to say to Walmart.  I hear about it all the time.  If you're one of those people, go here and click on "e-mail customer service."  Then you're given some options.  If you click on the one about store policies, you have the option of sending it to corporate. 

Now, let's get down to business!  Great deals this week.  I L-O-V-E when I save more than I spend!  I saved a total of $76.86 at Meijer, over $30 of which was in coupons alone.  You should have SEEN my stack of coupons!  lol  It was great!  The guy behind me in line just kept watching the cashier scan coupon after coupon, his eyes widening with each one.  It was comical.  Except that I think he was a little annoyed because he had only one little frilly dress ???? he was waiting to pay for.  But, hey, he didn't get in line until well after my order was underway. ;)

Oh, and I also received $12.50 in catalinas to use on future purchases!!  Love it, love it.

Anyway, it was great because I was able to use a bunch of coupons, that were ready to expire, on products that were on sale.  A perfect scenario.  And I took full advantage of it. ;)

I'll share with you some of the best deals!

Chex Mix, normally $2.69/bag
Sale Price:  2/$3
Coupon:  $.50/1 Chex Mix
Our Meijer doubles coupons up to $.50
Final Price:  $.50 each!

Meijer has a deal right now where you buy $15 of Kraft products and receive a catalina for $5 off your next shopping trip.  You can do two of these in one transaction.  Plus, their cheeses, snack crackers, OM hot dogs, etc. are on sale.  I bought a little over $30 of Kraft products, so I got $10 back, though the catalina didn't spit out my 2nd one and I had to go to customer service to get it.  Anyway, not only did I get that $10 returned to me, but I also didn't pay $30 for those products because of all the coupons I had.  I probably paid $10 or less on that stuff.  Not bad!

Yogurt:
They have DanActive 4-packs on sale, 2/$4.  If you buy four 4-packs, you get an instant $2 off.  Use coupons here and here, plus these from Meijer Mealbox (to stack), and pay well under $1 per 4-pack.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of Hamburger Helper and things of that nature, but they have these new brands, like Macaroni Grill, Wanchai Ferry and Good Earth Meals, where you add chicken and a few staple ingredients you likely have (like oil).   I thought I'd give them a try, to have them on hand for extra busy days, especially since I was able to get them for $.99 each (regularly $4.49 each)!  If you've been clipping coupons, you probably have various ones you can stack with these $1/1 Meijer Mealbox coupons, to get them for $.99, plus the cost of chicken.

Coffeemate creamers:
2/$3
$.75/1 coupon here
Pay $.75

There are soooo many more deals.  Check out the Meijer ad for your area (available online), clip coupons, look up online coupon sites and print them off.  Then make sure to check Meijer Mealbox to see if there are some coupons you can stack with manufacturer coupons.  Remember one manufacturer coupon and one Meijer coupon per item (or however many items are indicated on coupon). 

WALGREENS

Check out the Walgreens ad for items you can receive FREE this week, when they give you back Register Rewards for the same amount you paid.  Then use those register rewards for other things you need (and don't forget to use coupons!).  That's how I spent $13.27 on $40.71 worth of products!  I spent waaay under half of what I saved.  You can do it, too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment