Monday, March 21, 2011

Great Walgreens Trip Today! :)

I haven't been doing much shopping lately.  I really haven't needed much.  That's one nice thing about stocking up when you can get great deals--you go through times when there's just not much you need to buy, so you can take a break!

There are some things I was beginning to run low on, though, like body washes, dish washing soap and disinfecting wipes.  Right now Walgreens is paying people to take Almay products off the shelves (combining coupons and Register Rewards), so I used that to my advantage and managed to pay under $15 for all of this:


This is about $57 worth of products, all of which I was needing (not in those quantities, but, goodness, if they're going to give them to me like that, I may as well stock up for later and give some away!  Oh, and of course the Snickers bars weren't a need, but Kevin was with me and had the "perfect" suggestion when I mentioned I needed some filler items! lol).

Anyway, many of the Almay products are 30% off, plus they will give you $5 in Register Rewards (RR) when you purchase one.  AND I had some $2/1 coupons AND there is a $2/1 coupon in the Spring Beauty Book, found at the cosmetics counter (you can stack the manufacturer coupon with the Walgreens one, don't forget!).  One of the Almay products I bought was $6.99 and the other was $5 and some change, so those were some nice money-makers!

The bags of 90 flossers (Little Mister uses these) were $2 each, with a $2 RR, making them free!

The Suave body washes were $2 each, with a $3 RR if you buy $10 worth.  I also had two Suave body wash coupons, Buy 2 Get 1 Free, so I bought 6 altogether, for about $.83 each.  These are great, too, instead of the liquid soap, to use for making your own foaming hand soap!

The 75-count disinfecting wipes are Walgreens brand, which I haven't tried before.  As long as they kill germs when I'm disinfecting the bathroom and don't fall apart, I'm willing to give them a chance. ;)

Palmolive dish washing liquid is on sale for $1 and if you buy 5, you get $1 back.  Not the best deal ever, but I paid for all but the tax with a RR from one of my Almay products. :)

I arranged this deal in 5 transactions to pay the least out of pocket, and I paid at the cosmetics counter, where no one had to wait in line behind me. :)  If you want to try to get some of these deals, remember the "rules" for Walgreens shopping, plan ahead, and have fun saving! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment